Uber is a ridesharing company that has revolutionized transportation in the Chicago region. Renting a car via a phone eliminates the need for customers to wait around for a cab or other mode of transportation.
Unfortunately, the incidence of car accidents involving Uber drivers — who may be distracted or otherwise irresponsible behind the wheel — has increased along with the number of individuals using services like Uber. An Uber accident injury can take a toll on your health or even result in death.
At Chicago Personal Injury Centers, we strive to provide thorough care for victims involved in Uber accidents. Contact us now by calling (773) 482-5800 to book your session with our professional healthcare provider.
Understanding Uber Accident Injuries
Uber drivers must use their phones to track their work through the ridesharing app. It covers tasks like contacting a passenger, determining the best route to the location, welcoming passengers, and adjusting settings. As a result, they text and drive, which causes them to lose road concentration.
Additionally, the more rides an Uber or Lyft driver completes, the more money they earn. This demonstrates how hurried these drivers are to complete one ride before moving on to the next. The procedures you follow following an automobile collision are much the same whether you are the driver or passenger in the other vehicle — such as an Uber or Lyft driver. Get medical attention for any injuries you may have sustained as soon as possible, and do your best to assist anyone in need.
Which Injuries Are Most Frequently Sustained in Uber Accidents?
Numerous types of Uber accidents can result from any form of collision. At Chicago Personal Injury Centers, we have assisted clients who have been involved in accidents and have had to endure:
Whiplash and Neck Injuries
You may experience chronic pain if you were in a serious vehicle accident and injured your neck. A common occurrence in any vehicle accident is whiplash. This may make it difficult for you to take care of your family, work, or engage in activities you used to like. Chronic pain can cause anxiety and sadness, two more mental health issues.
Back and Spinal Injuries
A spinal cord or back injury can cause complete or partial paralysis. This may make it more difficult for you to work, live alone, and engage in activities you once enjoyed. Simple tasks like dressing, showering, and using the loo may also require assistance.
Broken fractures may require surgery and a lengthy recovery period. This can disrupt your work schedule, capacity to care for your children or aging parents, and general quality of life. These are issues that you shouldn’t have to handle on your own. Instead, seek professional help from our Personal Injury Centers in Chicago.
Head and Brain Injuries
A head injury, like a concussion due to an Uber accident may result in various symptoms, including fatigue, headaches, nausea, and memory loss. Traumatic brain injury symptoms might last several days, weeks, or even months.
What Should I Do After an Uber Accident?
Your activities after an accident are crucial, although the moments following the incident can be frightening and distressing. You should phone 911 from the accident scene and request an emergency checkup, even if your injuries don’t seem too serious.
Rather than waiting to see how you feel later, you should consult a doctor as soon as possible following an injury because symptoms may not appear for hours. You can receive prompt medical attention and examinations at the Chicago Personal Injury Centers to ensure your injuries do not cause you to die.
Multidisciplinary Treatment Approach
A team of medical professionals is most effective when treating trauma patients, particularly when several injuries occur. Several medical professionals, including neurosurgeons, chest, stomach, orthopedic, and maxillofacial surgeons, may need to collaborate when there is a significant injury.
At Chicago Personal Injury Centers, we have the necessary team to provide patients with excellent treatment. Our multidisciplinary team comprises members from many medical specialties collaborating to provide a more comprehensive picture of a patient’s care and recovery.
Working with specific clinics and practitioners is challenging because they need to know the additional therapies you might receive. Our multidisciplinary treatment staff collaborates to plan a patient’s care. Increased communication among professionals leads to more efficient care delivery and better treatment outcomes.
How Are Uber Accident Injuries Assessed and Diagnosed?
You should consult a physician specializing in auto accident injuries because some serious ones take longer to manifest. The medical professionals at Chicago Personal Injury Centers will identify your injuries and determine the best treatment course. We specialize in auto accident injuries, so we know what to look for to ensure you are treated as soon as possible.
Our physicians have all the resources necessary to promptly identify and assess vehicle accident injuries, including cutting-edge diagnostic imaging. These are the diagnostic techniques and tools we employ, in addition to our expertise and specific knowledge, to identify and look into auto injuries:
- CT scan: Our doctors can view detailed and high-resolution images of internal anatomical structures with a CT scan, a computer-controlled system of X-ray images taken in “slices.” Digital technology stitches these two-dimensional “slice” photos to make three-dimensional renderings.
- X-rays: Thanks to technological advancements, our experts specializing in accident and injury cases can promptly visualize internal bone conditions. After car crashes, fractures are frequently seen, and X-ray images aid in their detection and description. While some small fractures may go undetected without a thorough examination and imaging, others are difficult to treat.
- MRI: Radiowaves and magnetic fields are used in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), which allows medical professionals to see within the body more clearly. An MRI scan doesn’t include ionizing radiation and can show different tissue types differently.
Customized Treatment Plans
Recovering from an Uber accident can be challenging, especially if you suffer a brain injury. Long-term and diverse consequences of a brain injury can include headaches, mood and behavior changes, memory loss, and altered mental state. For this reason, it’s critical to have a personalized treatment plan that accommodates your needs and advances your recovery.
Our clinic believes that treating every client like an individual is crucial. Since every injury is unique, every recovery strategy should also be customized. As a result, we collaborate closely with each of our patients to develop a personalized therapy plan that addresses their needs, objectives, and issues.
Our skilled medical staff approaches recovery holistically, emphasizing psychological, social, and physical well-being. We employ a range of therapies and treatments to assist our patients to regain their independence, getting their lives back on track, and realizing their full potential.
Patients can also actively participate in choosing their course of treatment following an Uber crash. To ensure a seamless system of therapy, we first ask that you attend all of your scheduled medical sessions. If you wish to heal well, follow our instructions following treatment.
What Are the Different Types of Treatments Available for an Uber Accident Injury?
Uber accidents may involve different types of treatments depending on the nature of the injuries. At Chicago Personal Injury Centers, our treatment methods include but are not limited to the following:
- Medication Management: We offer medication management to our patients to ensure the correct administering of medication. Suppose you are prescribed drugs after an automobile accident. Our physician will assist you in managing your medicine and aid your recovery journey.
- Injections: Some injections, such as an epidural steroid injection, are necessary after a vehicle accident. The injection involves a non-surgical method, injecting a numbing agent and a corticosteroid to decrease swelling. The effects of this injection may persist for a year or more.
- Chiropractic Care: We apply chiropractic care to assist your body in reestablishing the proper alignment of its spine after disruption by a stressful situation like an accident. Our chiropractors employ massage and adjustments to the spine using a controlled force to realign the vertebrae and prevent them from pressing spinal nerves.
- Physical Therapy: Our physical therapy improves your range of motion, restores strength and flexibility, and makes you more flexible. Our specialists will help you with physical therapy if you have a fractured or cracked bone, soft tissue damage, nerve irritation, spinal cord injury, or neck injury.
- Massage Therapy: Whiplash is a common condition that massage therapy can greatly alleviate. Massage is beneficial because it allows your body and mind to unwind simultaneously. This reduces tension and aids in mental recovery, which is crucial after an incident like an accident and is equal to physical recovery.
- Surgical Intervention: You may require surgery if you suffer internal injuries such as fluid buildup in the brain due to a brain injury. In such cases, surgical intervention might be a solution to saving your life. For instance, our specialist can insert an ICP monitor into your brain to detect fluid levels, drain them, and reduce head and brain pressure.
- Assistive Devices and Mobility Aids: Maintaining or enhancing your capacity for work and independence is the primary objective of assistive technologies and devices. Such devices allow you to participate more fully and generally feel better. Some may include wheelchairs, crutches, vision aids, and hearing aids.
Can Being Involved in an Uber Accident Cause Emotional Distress?
When most people think of injuries from auto accidents, they typically picture broken bones, concussions, burns, and agony. However, an automobile accident can also have a detrimental effect on a person’s mental health. Sometimes, mental trauma is severe enough to result in persistent issues, including depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). PTSD is the most difficult to recover from because a car crash can trigger memories of the incident in many different ways.
Our counselor at Chicago Personal Injury Centers will assist you in healing and regain control over your mental health. Although mental health can take a while to improve, we will advise you on managing your worry and anxiety around the collision.
Other few helpful things you can do to help yourself get through this trying period include:
- Discuss the incident: Openly discuss the vehicle accident with someone who will support and understand you. You can make sense of what happened and move on by discussing it with others.
- Stay active: Despite wanting to spend the entire day in bed, keeping yourself occupied can help you manage stress. Exercise releases endorphins, which are feel-good chemicals. This can raise your level of happiness overall.
- Stay positive: After an adverse event, it cannot be easy to remain positive, but remembering the positive aspects of life can help you go on. List your favorite things, and try to do something joyful each day.
- Practice self-care: Taking care of your body and remaining active and content is critical. Eat well, get adequate sleep, and abstain from alcohol and narcotics.
Should I Consult With a Lawyer Regarding the Uber Accident?
Yes! It can be challenging to know what to do if you get hurt in a rideshare automobile accident. Seeking legal help is the first crucial step towards protecting your well-being. Under Illinois law, you can receive a settlement if you are injured in an Uber accident.
Medical specialists at Chicago Personal Injury Centers will collaborate with your attorney to ensure you receive a just settlement. We will provide evidence to sue the at-fault party if negotiations fail to produce a settlement that adequately compensates you.
Contact Chicago Personal Injury Centers for Expert Assistance with Your Uber Accident Injury
Vehicle accidents can have long-lasting consequences. You can sustain injuries and long-term implications if you are involved in an accident. It’s even possible to experience a dreadful incident that alters your existence.
Because there are so many ambiguities in ridesharing legislation, they can be challenging to comprehend. Therefore, you must have a knowledgeable and competent no-win no-fee attorney fighting for your rights to receive the most compensation for your losses and damages. However, the first thing to do after the accident is to seek professional medical help.
At Chicago Personal Injury Centers, we will tirelessly work to ensure you recover from your injuries using our customized treatment plans. We will also collaborate with your attorney to ensure the at-fault party pays for all your damages. Contact us at (773) 482-5800 now to book your session.